Get the eBook for FREE!
Discover why we still bake and eat bread as we had thousand of years ago.
The baker’s signature
What's in the eBook?
A lot of us bake bread as a passion or for the business that is related to it, but while going through the eBook you will understand the importance of knowing its history and what cultures made this basic food a symbol for what it is and how we know it today. Over time, different technologies have been invented that have helped in reducing the amount of time and effort implemented when making bread. In addition, the quality of bread has improved thanks to the use of different ingredients.
History and culture
What’s the real story? How it all begun.
The heart of artisan baking is an unrushed process.
Top 5 sourdough recipes easy to follow.
Problems while baking
10 common bread baking mistakes to avoid.
Table of contents
- History of Bread
- 8,000 BC in Egypt
- Export of wheat to Greece and Rome in 300BC
- Bread in Middle Ages
- The Industrial Revolution
- Bread in 20th century and beyond
- The Rise of Artisan Baking
- What is artisan baking?
- History of Artisan Baking
- A Tale of Scoring Bread Dough
- What is bread scoring?
- Why bread scoring matters
- Top 5 Sourdough Bread Recipes
- Classic Sourdough Bread
- Cracked Whole Wheat Sourdough Bread
- San Francisco Sourdough Bread
- Chewy and rustic sourdough bread
- Becoming A Baker-Fectionist
- Common Bread Baking Mistakes To Avoid
- The Dough Is Not Rising
- Failing To Measure Ingredients As Instructed
- Making Changes To The Recipe Without Proper Knowledge
- Your Bread Is Developing A Valley
- Finished Loaf Is Heavy And Soggy
- Your Bread Is Overly Dense
- Dough Sticks To Your Hands And Kneading Surface
- Opening The Oven Door Frequently
- The Bread Crust Is Burnt
- Taking Your Bread Out Of The Oven Too Early
- Final Thoughts